INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND COMMERCIALISATION UNIT
The Intellectual Property and Commercialisation Unit works with UniMAP’s researchers and external partners to bring the university innovation to the public through commercialisation. Through technology transfer, innovations may be incorporated into products and services that directly benefit society, as well as research and education at UniMAP.
Our Mission is to facilitate the development of products and processes from university technology for the benefit of UniMAP; its staffs and students; and the community.
To accomplish that goal, our office:
- Advise and implement UniMAP’s Intellectual Property & Commercialisation policies that ease the transition of technology from university to the industry;
- Facilitate Intellectual Property protection and manages Intellectual Property portfolio;
- Evaluate the technology commercial potential, assess opportunities and develop strategy for the successful transfer of technology to the marketplace;
- Bring the technology to marketplace by licensing and assignment with the industrial partner, and the formation the start-up companies by the researcher;
- Strengthen long lasting partnership and foster new relationship with industry in technology commercialisation activities; and
- Provide educational and training opportunities in intellectual property, technology commercialisation and entrepreneurial development